Senior Engineering Test Pilot
- BS Physics, U of Western Ontario, 1982
- MS Aviation Systems, U of Tennessee Space Institute, 1998
- USNTPS (Class 103)
- Military Test Pilot Experience
- Cold Lake, 1993-1996: Test Pilot - CF-18, Tutor and T-Bird aircraft. Project Officer/Pilot on Canada’s first Precision Guided Munitions (PGM)/CF-18 integration program. Program included GBU-24B/B Lateral Asymmetry Envelope Expansion and Flutter testing. Test Pilot on the STING (full body G-suit) program, including centrifuge runs up to 10 G. Completed CT-133 entire cockpit upgrade, responsible for design, development and field deployment.
- Patuxent River, 1996-1999: F/A-18 Test Pilot – Completed numerous programs primarily involving Handling Qualities projects. Highlights include:Cold Lake, 1999-2002: Flight Test Ops Officer and Test Pilot – numerous weapons programs. Highlight was involvement with modified CT-114 & CT-133 ejections seats – conducted 15 ejections out of the back of a modified CT-133 (the seat – not me!).
- BOL Chaff Flutter program with various external stores.
- Departure Demo (out of control) recovery development program involving hundreds of tail slide and zero alpha, full rudder departures.
- First flights with the Fleet Support Flight Control Computer in conjunction with NASA Dryden on their F/A-18 SRA (Systems Research Aircraft).
- Civilian Test Pilot Experience
- Cessna, 2002 – 2012: Senior Engineering Test Pilot. Primary test pilot on the following Prototype aircraft: Citation Sovereign, Citation Mustang & Citation CJ4. Deeply involved in every aspect of the initial development and certification including, but not limited to: initial Envelope Expansion, Flutter, Deep Stalls, all S&C, VMCA, VMU, VMCG, Takeoff/Landing Performance, RTO’s, Propulsion, Avionics, and Icing (numerous “first’s” in each program).
- Last position was Chief Pilot for the Citation Latitude and numerous Advance Design programs.
- Bombardier, 2012 – Present: Senior Engineering Test Pilot – Currently Lead Test Pilot on new CSeries Flight Test Vehicle (FTV4), primarily responsible for all CSeries Performance development and Certification testing.
- Total Experience
- 7800+ total flight time
- 70+a/c types
- Previous FAA ODA UM/DER
- Current TCCA DAD
- SETP/Flight Test Safety Committee (FTSC)
- SETP Fellow
- FTSC Chairman 2010-2012
- Flight Test Safety Committee Director 2005 - present, Workshop Chairman (2007 England, 2009 Ottawa, 2010 England),
- 2010-2011SETP Board Member (Treasurer)
- SETP Central Section: Chairman (2003, 2004, 2010), Secretary (2005, 2006)
- Numerous SETP and FTSW Session Chairman
- Current SETP Foundation Board Member
- Symposium/Workshop papers: numerous papers 1996 - present (Tenhoff Award, 1996, 2012)
- Gerard Guillamaud European Flight Test Safety Award - 2013